Friday, December 12, 2008

31 Days of Him... Day 9. Autumn

A long time back my feet could touch the bottom. Not anymore. I should be swimming in the deep, in the deep waters of His Love, in the deep ocean of His faithfulness, He's my life raft, my sustanance, He's hand on my shoulder makes for great spiritual floaties... long ago, my feet could touch the bottom. Not anymore. Yet, I still flounder like I'm in the shallow end, as if I stepped into His Ocean last week, not 13 years ago. But with the Close of Autumn, His love... abounds...

When I'm cold and alone, all I want is my freedom, sudden gusts of gravity.
I stop wailing and kicking, just to let this water cover me (cover me)
Only if I rest my arms, rest my mind, You'll overcome me, swell up around me
With my fighting so vain, with my vanity so fought, I'm rolling over

Cause in just the same way, the stream becomes swollen
Swollen with cold up over the ground
When my heart drawns close, to the close of autumn
Your Love
Your Love
Abounds

All this time I'm thinking, wondering how would it be to breathe in deep
Guess I need to be careful when I ask for a drink
Just might get what I ask for
And I know just what You'll say to me, that why I don't ask You
What would I ask You?
Like a bull-headed boy these days, crying my toy's gone--You're shiny and new

Cause in just the same way, the stream becomes swollen
Swollen with cold up over the ground
When my heart draws close, to the close of autumn
Your Love
Your Love
Abounds

Guess I'll drop my anger here, before I float away
And the chain's around me
An awful lot of talking, I don't leave You much to say
You didn't ever leave me

And my greatest fear...

...was You'd leave me here...

...a long time back my feet...

...could touch the bottom.

No comments: